Monday, June 26, 2006

Love


Does real, lasting Love exist? The kind, with not only love, but, friendship, respect, and a genuine liking for the person you have chosen to spend the rest of your life with?
I've spoken with (online) several men lately, who, while are married, and have no plans on leaving that marriage, have a wide and varied sex life, outside of that marriage. Two of them use the excuse that their spouse is ill, or has been ill, and so not able to fulfill their sexual needs.
I'm really torn on this. I'm no angel, (and have no right to judge) ... That's all I'm gonna say, but, lately I run across more and more of these gentlemen, and it's made me wonder.
Are there any marriages that are good, and based on, held together by, love and a desire to honor and respect that person, even if they do get sick? What if your spouse that you love, was in an accident tomorrow, and they were paralyzed? What if they got sick for months or maybe even years? What if something happened to where you had to spend extended periods of time apart?
I grew up with parents that fought constantly (they still do). Grandparents that were more advisaries than spouses, and one set of grandparents where my grandfather spoke to and treated my grandmother like she was lower than the dirt he walked on. She ended up having a nervous breakdown (before I was born). I always hated him. She died when I was 4, but I loved her and remember her. My other grandfather was a warm loving man when it came to his children and us as grandchildren, I couldn't have asked for better, but he and my grandmother were like tired, bloody old fighters, stuck in the same ring together for many, many years. He died first, and she was terrible towards him in the end.
I know of, and admire a very few men who are in relationships, that really love their wife/partner, and are faithful, but, I'm afraid they are a minority and a dying breed.
So, does real love exist?

8 comments:

The_Gay_Dude said...

Yes it exists and I'm glad u made your way on over to blogger.....I got ya linked and when I get back from surgery....I intend on permanently linking ya.....but i do it by region.....what region of the world do ya reside (I mean, I know your heart's in Hawaii!)? :)

The_Gay_Dude said...

Wait a minute....is this steph from Kitty's Cattitude.....if so....then I got ya linked as being from The Mountains on MSN Spaces.....and as a blog I'm checking out on blogger.....O good lord....it must be the drugs I'm on LOL

kittycatlane said...

LOL Marc, yep it's me. (I'm in Idaho) You're too funny, and, those must be some GOOD drugs!
Please let me know how your surgery goes. BIG HUGS, Steph

jnuts said...

*slowly backs out of entry*

kittycatlane said...

LOL Jock, come on back!

DEREK said...

yep it exhists!

Anonymous said...

yep - but only for a little while

Nate said...

What is loyalty? If my wife were sick and I cared for her, stayed in the marriage but chose to have sex outside of the marriage is that worse than either leaving her of spending the last 25 years of my life celibate and resentful?

Steph - your comment on my blog seems to have been a fiting coda to a panaploy of "Nate worship". If you sent me your e-mail I would like to respond, just not in the public forum.

Thanks for the hugs - I amy need them.
Nate