Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Buddy, can you spare a diamond?


Question... Is it just me, or is a diamond
wedding ring that costs just over
25 THOUSAND dollars, obscene?
I have a dear cousin who's a young Doctor in Tuscon, AZ. He's always been so kind and down to earth. He's recently become engaged. She's from a very wealthy family, and seems to be a pampered, spoiled princessa.
He is a doctor, but he's just starting out. My Mom tells me she's picked out her engagement and wedding ring, and it cost over 25 thousand dollars. I didn't know how to respond. All I could think of is how much good, how many bills, how much food, shelter, warm clothing or bedding that could supply... and think how many other people it could help besides me! LOL Just kidding!
I'm still kinda in shock just thinking about it. If I were his Mom, My Aunt, I'd have a little talk with the boy, but, oh well. BIG HUGS, Steph

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, with 25k do you know how many specials from the flesh menu you could get in Vegas??

kittycatlane said...

LOL No Darren... and how do you know?? hmmmm?

Lady Bagladie said...

Obscene No way! I only wear my 25 thousand dollar ring when I don't care how I look.

Lady Bagladie said...

jee-zus
some people!

kittycatlane said...

LMAO Kat, you said it!

Anonymous said...

that's ok, i have confidence that his SECOND wife will be much more down to earth.

the daffodil mouse

kittycatlane said...

LOL you are right!